The Multi Array Sonic (MAS) tool provides quality broadband compressional measurements of both hard and soft rock formations. The MAS tool helps to assess/confirm formation porosity. Shear information may be obtained allowing assessment of formation mechanical strength and integrity.
- User-selectable frequency transmitters fire alternately provides compressional wave travel time
- Any combination of the five modes (6, 8, 10, 12, and 18 kHz frequency) can be run simultaneously to obtain required information in one pass
- Records four simultaneous real-time measurements, as well as recorded full waveforms
- Can be run with or without the array section
- Can be run as a CBL
- Can be run in both open- and cased-hole environments
- Fully compatible with Ultrawire™ tools