Prevent Pump-Off, Stuck Tools and Expensive Fishing Operations
Maintaining safe cable tension downhole is challenging in lateral wells because surface cable tension measurements do not account for friction effects in the highly deviated sections of the well. The ExTTM Down Hole Tension Tool is specifically designed to reduce the risk of fishing operations during pump-down in extended lateral wells.
- If the cable tension is too high: pump-off can occur when the weak-point limit is exceeded.
- If the cable tension is too low: the tool string may begin to stick/slip, with the erratic tool string motion increasing the risk of cable damage or pump off.
The ExT Down Hole Tension Tool provides a real-time cable tension and compression measurement which gives the operator increased control.
- Minimizes fishing risk
- Compatible with commercial perforating systems
- Compact, low maintenance design
- No field calibration necessary
- Operates up to 350°F and 20k psi