The Lithology Density Tool (LDT) is used to measure the bulk density of the formation, which is then related to formation porosity. The tool also determines the Pe of the formation, allowing for lithology identification, and contains a motorized caliper that is used for borehole diameter information. When the LDT is logged in combination with the Compensated Neutron tool, gas identification is possible.
- Full energy spectrum displayed at surface for both detectors
- Quick-release source handling to reduce radiation exposure for operators
- Easily removable pad to reduce the weight of loading and unloading tools
- Fully compatible with Ultrawire tools
- Compact design puts sensors closer to bottom requiring less rat hole